Sunday, October 3, 2010

Post 6

Symbaloo
A 7th Graders Personal Learning Environment


This student is more more organized due to the help of technology. Everything she needs is on one page. I would love to know as much as she does without having to think twice about it, and Dr. Strange's class has put me on that path. We have learned how to use audacity, blog, twitter (although I'm still a little confused with that one), skype, make videos and post them, add links to blogger, twitter, delicous and the list goes on. However, it is not second nature for me yet. I still have to think and remember hard how to do certain things but with time there will be no problem. The more I use it the more I will learn, remember and understand how to do everything. I would most definitely save this video on my favorites so that I can go back and learn how to use the same websites she has in order to use them with my students.

The Networked Student


What is connectivism? Connectivism is a theroy that presumes that learning occurs as part of a social network of many diverse connections and ties. In other words, we learn from the ones around us. A lecture is no good if your not understanding or retaining the material. Although many people learn differently I haven't heard of too many people not learning something from hands on, and that's exactly what technology is. It is a constant hands on learning experience. With technology a student can find what helps them the most and stick with it. Once again we are no longer limited to what we can find or do in order to learn.




The Machine is Changing Us

2 comments:

  1. May,

    You have some great insight to learning through technology. Your comment ... In other words, we learn from the ones around us ... is spot on when it comes to technology and learning in general. We tend to have better results when we learn things as a community of learners. EDM 310 has based its learning model from this theory. We not only learn as a group of student but also as a group of educators.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I agree with what you are saying about technology being used more and more in the classroom. It really does seem as if pen and paper are not necessary at all. And you are right, it seems as if even books are becoming less required in classes anyways, which I definitely think is a good thing. I know I don't like paying hundreds and hundreds of dollars on books I don't even use.

    ReplyDelete