Wednesday, October 13, 2010

Additional Assignment 2

Sugata Mitra:  The child-driven education
1.  I believe that if learners are motivated then yes they can teach themsleves, but like you said they must be motivated.

2.  If those motivated people are kids can they teach themselves?  hmm.... I say why not?  I think too many people don't give kids enough credit.  They have every resource in the world to teach themselves and many that come across something they don't understand will ask someone.  However, for the most part I do believe that they have the ablity to teach themselves.

3.  What conditions are neccessary for kids to teach themselves, or for anyone to teach themselves?  I feel that everyone has a different condition for teaching themselves.  Some people may need it to be quiet, some may need a bit of sound.  It just depends on that individual.

4. I feel that internet access has a lot to do with an individual teaching themselves something today.  There are children that do not have the ablity to have such technology but they also have the ablity to learn if they are motivated.

5.  Motivation has the biggest role in learning.  No matter the environment or technology avalible, if they are not motivated then they will not learn.

6.  What roles do a problem, a question or multiple problems or questions play in the process? The more problems and questions a child has the more he/she is going to learn.

7.  How do you motivate someone to learn?  Well honestly I don't feel that anyone has the power to make another person to learn.  The individual has to be (once again) MOTIVATED to learn.

8.  I am motivated to learn because I actually want to be something (a teacher).  I also look back at some of my friends who became nothing and that alone keeps me motivated.  However, there was a point in time that I could care less about learning.

9.  Can anyone who is not motivated to learn learn?  Yes and no.  I say both because they hear and might be able to remember it, but on the otherhand I do not believe that they will be able to utilize it in the future.

10.  Yes I teach myself.  I do this on a daily basis with EDM 310 as well as with math. 

11.  I believe that a teacher plays a role in the since of guidence and mannerism more than anything else.

12.  If a child is not motivated to learn then they are simply not going to learn.

13.  I think too many teachers shove certain things on their students.  In the video he said he dropped of a computer and the children taught themselves.  Therefore, children are very much able to teach themsleves.

No comments:

Post a Comment