Sunday, September 19, 2010

Post 4

Don't Teach Your Kids This Stuff, Please?


Scott McLeodThis post was written by Scott McLeod.  This post was short, but a real eye opener.  I believe that everyone should be do their best to stay up-to-date with technology.  Sure, there are negative aspects to the internet, but Im postive that their are more positive than negative.  It is almost impossible to go through life without the internet or the help of a computer period.  I agree with Scott McLeod when he says, "cause I'm doing it with my kids, can't wait to see who has a leg up in a decade or two can you?" 

So just who is Scott McLeod?  Well, Scott McLeod is an Associate Professor. Castle Director, Blogger generator, and a  Solution Builder who resides in Ames, Iowa.  He also made the video Did You Know 3.0 with Karl Fisch.

The iSchool Initiative


Travis AllenTravis Allen is a 17 year old High School student at Whitewater High in Fayetteville Georgia.  He believes that he has found a solution to Amercias education problem. His soultion is the iTouch. Honestly, I have to agree with him.  We of course we will always need teachers in our lives, but as far the budget cut this is cuts out having to buy books, globes, paper, pencils etc. Students and teachers will have everything in the palm of their hand instead of scattered all over the place.   


Lost Generation

I really enjoyed watching this video or I shoud say listening to this video.  You can look at life two ways and she just broke is down for everyone.  Todays society demands expects alot out of people.  However, I feel that family life is just as important as my career. I say this because money is a major nessity of life, but if you have money what is it without family?  If you have family, but no money then your just as unhappy with money and no family.  Money + Family=Happiness.  In my opinion, one is just as important as the other. 

   Eric Whitacre's Virtual Choir- "Lux Aurumque"
Eric Whitacre's Virtual Choir

Absolutely amazing!  I have never seen or heard of anything like this.  Its amazing that there are 185 people who got together over the internet and performed this piece of work.  These are people who have never met nor do they really know each other.  All they have is one thing in common and that was music.  185 people from 12 different countries with the same interest came together to make this happen.

2 comments:

  1. May,

    I also agree that the iSchool initiative made some great points. What are the flaws in it though? There are some schools that have already started doing this, but I personally think that some problems will arise. I honestly would not want everything on a small screen. However, my opinion probably does not truly matter.

    I also loved The Lost Generation video. I think your equation definitely works. I think if people could find a balance in life then there would be much more happiness.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I do agree that the iSchool initiative is a great idea, I just see it being hard to implement. I also agree with Jamie Lynn, I would not want everything on such a small screen. I have an iPhone, but get irritated when looking at things on the internet from my phone because of the size. I also think that the virtual choir was amazing. The things that are possible because of the internet are endless. The fact that 185 people that have never met could come together to create something of this magnitude is remarkable.

    ReplyDelete