Saturday, February 20, 2010

Assignment 6

Dr. Christie: Electronic Portfolio
I'm sure their are many people in my present EDM310 that know and understand what an ePortfolio is. However, last semester was the first time that I had ever heard about it, and that was only because I have to have it for EDF315/211. My instructor gave a quick overview about it, but it clearly wasn't enough to actually understand what it was or does. So here I am now in EDM310 searching around on Dr. Christies page and ran right into it. Great! I find Electronic Portfolios can be extremely useful to me as a future teacher in several ways.

First off they can turn their homework on the portfolio apposed to having to manual turn it in. It saves time for the most part and it's extremely convenient. Next, I get to know my students better because their is a profile sitting right in front of me if I can't put a face with a name. Last, but not least I can also post grades for them oR keep in close contact just incase they need help with their homework. If anyone else besides me was slightly confused on just exactly what an ePortfolio (efolio) is you should visit this site:

iTunes University:
iTunes University is located in iTunesU. I've been using iTunes for several years now and still haven't figured everything out. For me it's the best and safest place to acquire music, movies and podcast. Now iTunes has a place called iTunesU. I'm slowly, but surely learning as much as I can with it. So far I have found that the iTunesU is directed towards college students but is not limited to just college students. People are able to see what different universities value and teach apposed to the college that you might attend, and well, as we all know that is how information is past down and around these days. The wonderful life of the World Wide Web. What would do without it now?

Duke University's Use Of iPods:
Well it seems as though Duke University is definitely advancing in the use of technology to further their student's learning ability. In the fall of 2004 Duke University gave their 1,650 incoming freshmen a free ipod as part of an initative to foster innovative uses of technology. The iPod was given to them in order to conduct research and keep track of that research. It seems as though they went over and beyond to accomendate their students in more ways than one. If you would like to read more on this experiment you can visit:





1 comment:

  1. Just like you, the first time I had heard of the ePortfolio was in EDF 315/211. The ePortfolio's can be useful like you say with students submitting their homework assignments and I find it extremely convenient as well.

    "The wonderful life of the World Wide Web. What would do without it now?" I honestly don't know what we woud do. hahaha.

    ReplyDelete