Sunday, April 11, 2010

Mr. Chamberlain

DSC_0011.JPG.jpgDear Kaia: Voice-thread and video

   When it comes to learning age means nothing.  It doesn't matter whether you are 1 or 100 everyone can learn something.  The fact that Kaia's father responded so quickly to Mr. Chamberlain post is just amazing because believe it or not many parents could care less about what their children are doing in school.  So due to the fact that Kaia can not read yet Mr. Chamberlain's class created the same kind of photo essay that she and her father made except Mr. Chamberlain made sure that each student got to say something.  This will definitely encourage Kaia to stay interested in learning.  I truly wish their were more parents and teachers like this!

1 comment:

  1. I think that it is amazing how we are able to connect with people on the other side of the world, via the internet. I agree with you that a lot of parents could careless what their children are doing in class. This is a very sad realization but its very true. If more parents did something like what Kaia's dad for her that I feel that more students would succeed in school and not drop out. If parents were just a tad bit more involved it would make a world of a difference for the next generation of students lives. I am happy I have learned how to do different things that I can use in my classroom so that I can keep my parents involved and up to date with what their child is doing or not doing in class. Its a joint effort to help these students succeed.

    ReplyDelete