Sunday, April 11, 2010

Comments4teachers: The Thinking Stick

ADE: Challenged Based Learning (Getting Creative)


Week 1:
    I attend the university of South Alabama and I am also a student of Dr. strange's class.  I must agree with you.  Many teacher do not take enough time to be creative, but I feel that at one point they did and as the years pass by they felt more and more  unappreciated for the lengths that they go to to help children learn.  Which leads me to my next point.  Before, teachers relied only on pen and paper to be creative where as now, we have technology to help us out in more ways than one.  Not only does it make it much more easy but it can be much less time consuming than and ever before.


What's Your Container?


Week2:
    WOW. This post has really opened my eyes as a future educator! I attend the University of South Alabama and am a student of Dr.Strange's EMD310 class. We have been learning how to use delious and twitter among many other websites as well in order to stay in touch and organized in the field of teaching. I understood for the most part was i was doing but you seemed to really break down the idea of exactly how to utilize these tools. Up until now I only thought I understood. When I first heard the letters PLN i got scared and have still been trying to figure just exactly what I am suppose to be doing for it. I can't thank you enough for writing this post.
His post really breaks down what your PLN is really all about. How and what to use certain web tools to stay in touch with fellow educators and also how to be organized within your classroom. Your container is what you use to keep everything together. You can use classroom blogs, twitter, wiki, moodle, ebedding links, feeds or even customized search engines within your homepage, netvibes.com and pageflakes.com.


Blogging Process- Find Your Flow


Week3:
This post was ironically enough about blogging. When you first start learning about blogging it for some reason seems weird to just start writing about stuff. You sit there and wonder, "What am I suppose to write about?" However, as time goes by you figure out that you can write and express your feeling about anything you please. The best part about blogging for me it the comments I get back in return wheather they are good, bad, or indifferent.



No comments:

Post a Comment