Sunday, March 28, 2010

An Open Letter to Educators

An Open Letter To Educators:

nobookallowed[1].jpg

I am reading this post as an assignment for my EDM 310 class at the University of South Alabama. I am majoring in Elementary Education. This video was almost like a slap in the face. I mean, it's not like I wasn't aware of this information, but it's almost like i want to ignore it in a sense. If I really want to be honest the first time I have learned anything new in years is right now in Dr.Strange's micro-computing class. He has many doorways we can look through and gain knowlegde and information from. He doesn't baby us and he gets right to the point. Instead for standing up there and saying blah blah blah he gives us assignments like this one and it opens ours eyes. This is one of the best blogs I have read/listened to. It applies directly to my situation and every other college student for that matter. All I can say, is I can't wait for the classroom to go completely technical, and as far as books go...... we don't seem to need them. I have 4 different books and like you said I haven't crack one of them yet!

2 comments:

  1. I agree with what you said about it being the best blog to watch/read. I thought it was really awesome and definitely applied to us as future teachers. It is going to be our job to teach the students something new. Great blog.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hey, I just wanted to let you know that I agree with most of your points. This video was also a slap in the face to me too. Keep up the good work I enjoyed reading your post.

    ReplyDelete