Sunday, March 28, 2010

Comments4teachers: The Thinking Chick


kids-cell-phones.jpgBrilliance or blasphemy?
    Hi my name is May Krasovich and I attend the University of South Alabama. Our class blog is edm310.blogspot.com/. I am replying to your post as part of an assignment for EDM310 class instructed by Dr.Strange and Mr. Tashbin. I couldn’t agree with you more when you say that, “cell phones in the classroom is brilliance”. I myself being 26 years old can’t always seem to keep up with a notebook now that I have the option of using technology to keep track of my daily plans and lessons. With out my Blackberry or mac I would probably be lost.
However, as an educator I understand that we must keep a close eye on what the children are doing during a test or quiz, but it has always been that way. Cheating with a cell phone is no different that cheating with a piece a paper the kid made the night before. After thinking about about this I could come up with only one difference. That difference is they can put more information on a cell phone apposed to one piece of paper, but either way you look at it cheating is wrong and I don’t think a child having a cell phone in the classroom is bad a idea. I will be following you post for the next few weeks. You can contact me at:
krasovichmayedm310.blogspot.com




No comments:

Post a Comment