Sunday, August 29, 2010

Post 1

May Krasovich
About Me

    Hi everyone my name is May Krasovich and I am 26 years old.  I began going to the University of South Alabama in the summer of 2009.  My first major out of highschool was Elementary Education. As time went on I found myself no longer aspiring to be a teacher.  Things changed dramaticly and in March of 2003 I moved to Biloxi, Ms to help take care of my mother.  Needless to say, I was out of school for a while after my move.  I was out of school for avout 3 years and decided that I really needed to go back, so in the Fall of 2006 I began attending Jefferson Davis Community College in Biloxi, Ms.  I was still taking classes for elementary education and then decided to switch it over to nursing.  A few semesters went by and I had finally been accept into the nursing program.  I was estactic!!!  So there I was, a nursing student.  I stayed in the program until I got to level 2 and just couldn't handle it nor did I like it.  It wasn't anything like I had thought it was going to be.
Wordle
  I then decided to apply for the radiology program at South because I thought i might enjoy that.  Well, I was not accepted and so I am back at my very 1st major, Elementary Education, nd am very happy that this is the way it worked out.  I feel that I have more patience with children than most people,and can't wait to began working in the education field as a teacher.
   

3 comments:

  1. Hi May. My name is Brittany Schneider and I am also in Dr. Strange's EDM310 class. Your story felt familiar, as I am also 26. I have also gone to college, then stopped, resumed, stopped, and now I am back to complete what I began in 2001. However, I am a secondary education major with a concentration in social science. I returned last semester and am scheduled to graduate in May 2012. I am enjoying being back, as I'm sure you are too.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Mary, I too left school for a while after I began. I took five years off after my daughter was born to stay home with her. I loved being there, but I am also excited to be back in school and begin teaching.

    ReplyDelete